Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”) carefully before using the GaDOE Community website (community.gadoe.org) (the “Service”). These Terms are a legal contract between you, the user of the Service, and the Georgia Department of Education (“GaDOE”, “us”, or “we”). Therefore, it is important for you to understand the Terms.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Service, you agree to follow and be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms, please do not access or use the Service.
Content on the Service
a. You are solely responsible for any content you provide, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulation. We do not prescreen content submitted by users of the Service. We retain the right, but not the responsibility, to edit or remove any content. Examples of non-permissible content include, but are not limited to, nudity or sexual content, harmful or dangerous content, hateful content, violent or graphic content, harassment and/or cyberbullying, threats, spam and/or scams, and copyrighted material.
b. You retain your intellectual property rights to any content you submit, post, or display through the Service.
c. By submitting, posting, or displaying your content through the Service, you are granting us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute content in any and all media or distribution methods now known or later developed.
d. By submitting, posting, or displaying your content through the Service, you are also granting a license to other users of the Service for them to have a right to comment on, use, publish, display, modify, or include a copy of your content as part of their own use of the Service, which is for educational and non-commercial purposes.
e. You represent that you have, or have obtained, all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority necessary to grant the rights granted in Sections 1(c) and 1(d) for any content that you submit, post or display on or through the Service. You agree that your content will not contain material subject to copyright or other proprietary rights, unless you have necessary permission or are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant GaDOE the license described above. Contact the site administrators using the contact form to submit any copyright infringement concerns.
f. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GaDOE for all third-party claims or expenses arising out of or related to your content.
2. Content of Others. Any use of or reliance on anything posted via the Service or obtained by you through the Service is at your own risk.
3. No Endorsements. GaDOE does not endorse, support, represent, or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the content or communications.
4. Links to Other Web Sites. Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Georgia Department of Education. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Georgia Department of Education shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such web sites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
Using the Service
1. Your Account. You are responsible for safeguarding your account. You are responsible for all usage and activity on your account. Therefore, we recommend that you use strong password and limit its use to this account only.
2. Your License to Use the Service.
a. We grant you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the content and forum provided to you as part of the Service.
b. The Service, its features and functionality, and our original content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Therefore, you cannot use our name as well as any of our trademarks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features and other proprietary rights without permission. All rights, titles, and interest in and to the Service (excluding content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of GaDOE.
1. Changes to Terms. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. The most current version of the Terms will always be located at [URL]. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
a. By continuing to access or use our Service after any revision becomes effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, please stop using the Service.
b. Any changes made to the Terms will not be retroactive.
2. Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by, construed, and applied in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
3. Severability. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
4. Disclaimer. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
5. Headings. Section headings are for convenient reference only and are not a part of the Terms or in any way enlarge or limit any of each section’s contents.
6. Waiver. GaDOE’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision.
7. Termination. We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and GaDOE regarding our Service. These Terms supersede and replace any prior agreements, understandings, and arrangements we might have between us regarding the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please send those using the contact form.
The Georgia Department of Education (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the GaDOE Community website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.